High Solids Product Advantages
Contego PFB is a full-bodied latex, single component coating designed to protect a wide range of building materials including structural steel, aluminum, dimensional lumber, manufactured wood products, trusses, drywall, spray polyurethane foam insulation, HDPE wall panels, concrete, plaster, solid core doors and more. The product may also be used for conduit, decking and cladding.
“HS” (High Solids) provides an alternative to Contego’s ORIGINAL FORMULA product. At 68% solids, the HS variant requires one-half to perhaps one-third as many coats… think of the savings in labor costs and time! It must be applied with a spray gun with 3,300 psi (216 Kg/cmC) or greater with an 0.025″ (0.62mm) tip or larger.
Either way, using our Original Formula or our HS alternative, you get exceptional protection from heat and fire.
- Smooth, thin, architectural grade finish.
- Top coat with whatever you prefer — alkyds, acrylics, or lacquer.
- Big Plus – with HS apply one-half to one-third as many coats for the same coverage.
- Non-toxic, non-dermatic, and non-carcinogenic latex.
- Economically priced.
- Fast drying and curing times.
- Can be pre-applied to steel and other materials during fabrication and is easy to repair.
- Designed specifically for sprayer application. No special equipment is required — any qualified contractor can apply it.
- Interior or exterior application (use an exterior grade top coat for exterior applications).
- Cleans up with soap and water.
- No shelf life limitations and does not need to be periodically reapplied.